Cord Blood Banking Clearinghouse

A comprehensive source of information regarding cord blood, cord blood banks and banking, cord blood donation and storage, cord blood registry, potential and real medical benefits of banking, and all other issues related to umbilical cord blood. Fair and regularly updated, Cord Blood Banking Clearinghouse should be one's first stop for cord blood research.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

ViaCord is busting out the Cute Stuff...

I just finished writing a post about Corcell's free PDF offering the "facts about cord blood banking." I usually don't spend a lot of time with the corporate forces in the field, but stopping by the Corcell page inspired me to check out a few others.

ViaCord has a very well-designed site that provides their take on the umbilical cord blood banking issue. Definitely a professional job all the way around and you can tell they took care and time in building it.

However, I am a little put off by all the Cute. I am referring to the multiple baby pictures on the page.

I have nothing against wee ones, of course, but there is something off-putting when the marketing approach for any service so obviously plucks at heart strings.

I am sure that the Madison Ave. wizards who came up with this are pretty darn sure that it get results, so what do I know?

Anyway, whether you agree (I do) or disagree with the idea of private cord blood banking, you might want to take a look at ViaCord and think about whether the IDEA or the EMOTIONS are governing the decision.
 
Baby Corner
Baby Corner provides pregnancy and parenting information, expert advice, message boards, tools and shopping for those those trying to conceive, pregnant, or parents of children ages 0-3.